- Adult – 7-9mm in length with a wingspan of 10-16mm. Very similar to the tropical warehouse moth
- Larva – very similar to the Tropical warehouse moth
- Eggs hatch out from 3 to 6 days over a temperature range of 20 degrees Celsius to 28.5 degrees Celsius
- Pupa matures from 10 to 20 days over a temperature range of 18 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius
- Entire development is 82 to 206 days at 26 degrees Celsius (on tobacco)
A serious pest of cocoa beans, chocolate confectionery, dried fruit and nuts.