Lesser House Fly
- Adult — 1/8"–1/4" in length. Thorax grey with 3 faint black stripes; female abdomen grey and ovoid; male abdomen narrow with pale yellow patches; 4th wing vein not bent.
- Larva — Pale brown, ovoid with whip–like protuberances around the edges.
- Eggs hatch in 24 hours. Larvae and pupae take 1 – 4 weeks to mature.
- Larvae take 3 – 60 days to mature; pupae 3 – 28 days.
- Breeds in semi–liquid decaying organic matter.
- Not very attracted to ultra violet light.
- Male has an irregular flight pattern.