- Reddish brown in colour.
- Workers 1/16" long.
- 1 large segment at the pedicel.
- 1st two segments of the abdomen are constricted.
- Sting present.
- Little is known about the life cycle.
- Workers forage randomly and lay no trails as live prey are hunted, especially springtails. Rarely seen outdoors.
- Swarming characteristics — will swarm all year round. Winged adults are often found in electric fly killers.
- Nest locations — damp residues and debris. Crevices around drains and behind broken wall tiles.