Odorous House Ant
- Brown or black.
- 1/16 to 1/8 inch long
- Antennae have 12 segments and are not terminated with a club
- 6 legs.
- Time to adult phase of development is 34-38 days.
- Typically live for several years.
- Feeding - eat most household foods, especially sugary food, eg sweets and fruits such as melon. Also eat pet food.
- Locations – attracted to moisture. In hot, dry environments nests can be found in house plants and even lids of toilets.
- Odor - produce a coconut smell when crushed.
- Colonies - range in size from 100-10,000.