Rats, Mice & Other Rodents
Home Rodent Control
Rodents are one of the most common household pests in North America and poise serious health risks to humans. Rats and mice have been found to spread 35 diseases worldwide. Furthermore, rodents can contaminate food and gnaw electrical equipment in your home.
Does the thought of a rodent infiltrating your home send shivers up your spine? Ehrlich Pest Control has been helping homeowners eliminate and prevent rodent problems for over 80 years. If you have spotted a rodent inside or outside your home, contact Ehrlich straightaway at (888) 976-4649 or sign up for a FREE rodent inspection of your property.
What is a rodent?
Rodents are mammals of the order Rodentia. The largest mammal group in the world, rodents are distinguished from other animals by their ever-growing incisors used for gnawing. The most common rodents found in homes, include House Mice, Norway Rats and Roof Rats.
- Mice – Of the estimated 21 million American homes invaded by rodents every year, house mice are one of the most common culprits. While mice are small creatures, the potential risk they can inflict in a home is big. From damaging homes to triggering asthma attacks, mice can cause a host of serious issues for homeowners.
- Rats – Larger than mice and more secretive, rats are also common pests in homes, especially in highly populated urban environments. Rats are vectors for a variety of diseases and have found to cause house fires by chewing on electrical wires. Ehrlich offers proven rat control solutions for problems both inside your home and in your yard or garden.
- Moles – While moles are not technically rodents, the tunneling mammals can wreak havoc on your lawn or garden. We strongly suggest enlisting the help of pest control professionals when dealing with mole issues in your yard as a small mole problem can quickly become a large problem.
- Voles – Commonly referred to as field mice or meadow mice in the U.S., voles can cause homeowners headaches by damaging yards and garden. Voles are active throughout the year but generally do not enter homes. If you’re experiencing problems with voles on your property, contact Ehrlich for advice and vole control services.
- Rodent Diseases – The threat of rodents spreading disease to humans is real and is a crucial reason why homeowners should invest in rodent control. Hantavirus, Salmonella and Weil’s Disease are just a few of the diseases that rats and mice can spread to humans.
Year Round Rodent Protection
The most reliable method in preventing rodent infestations from occurring at your residence is arranging for a pest control professional to conduct routine pest inspections of your home.. The Ehrlich Year Round Protection Plan provides homeowners with scheduled preventative services and protection against 36 of the most common pests, including rodents like rats and mice.
Give us a call at (888) 976-4649 or sign up for a FREE pest inspection online to address any rodent control needs you may have in your home.
Follow the links below for advice on how to get rid of mice and other rodents in your home and yard.