Danger Signs of Woodworm
- Live or dead insects.
- Damage to furniture or property.
- Holes, crevices, or cracking wood.
- Unpleasant odours near wet wood or masonry.
Potential Harm from Woodworm
- Serious structural damage to buildings.
- Timber, furniture, and wooden belongings can be ruined.
- Extensive impact can lead to condemnation of buildings.
- Lasting damage to timber industry and newly constructed structures.
- Destruction of trees and wooden items.
Steps to Take for Woodworm Control
- Identify the problem species – you’ll need professional help with this.
- Protect premises from woodworm and termites.
- Use Controlled Atmosphere Technology (CAT) in museums and galleries – this non-toxic treatment does not damage sensitive objects.
- Apply appropriate insecticides.
- Let pest exterminator make regular inspections to keep the situation under control.
Contact Ehrlich Pest Control at for more information on woodworm control or to arrange a pest inspection.