Pests that Damage Textiles
Problem with Your Fabrics? We'll Get Rid of it for You
- Live or dead insects, often around windows.
- Damage to clothing, carpets or other fabrics.
- Birds—many textile pests originate in birds' nests and may be carried by birds.
Untreated infestations can cause:
- Damage to historic artefacts.
- Damage to clothing, carpets, upholstered furniture.
- Contamination of foodstuffs and fabric–based goods.
- Loss of goods and foodstuffs.
- Damage to goodwill, reputation, custom and income.
- Irreparable damage to historic and irreplaceable artefacts, tapestries, etc.
Steps To Take
- Identify the problem species — you'll need professional help with this.
- Proof your premises against birds.
- Use Controlled Atmosphere Technology (CAT) treatment for museums and galleries — it's non-toxic and can't damage delicate articles.
- Use appropriate insecticides.
- Set up regular schedule of visits by qualified Technicians to monitor situation.